Today I have decided to share a (new) all time favorite meat galore bacon & mince balls recipe. I only tried this out once and loved it! I think if you are a meat fan or love a combination of taste and texture then this might be your new love.
Serves: 7- 10 balls
Preparation time: 25-35 minutes
- 500g of Mince
- 250g Bacon Strips
- One cup of flour (Cake wheat flour )
- 2 Large eggs
- Spices ( or simply salt and pepper)
- Oil ( olive, Sunflower, Coconut etc- anything you like)
- Make sure you are working with thoroughly defrosted mince. Coat the surface you are working with lightly with flour and place the mince on top
- As you make balls of your preferable size from the mince, coat the mince with flour and spices until the balls are firm – not moist.
- whisk eggs and dip mince balls in the egg mixture.
- Wrap Bacon strips around mince balls.
- Place on a warm pan that in coated 5 teaspoons of oil. Cook until bacon and are a dark brown/golden color. (20-25 minutes).
Hint: Do not make your mince balls too big otherwise, it will be difficult to cook them right into the center of the balls.
I personally love having this with a sweet chilli deep.